Managing Asbestos in Soil
Course is designed to provide guidance to people with the responsibility of managing and remediating asbestos in soil on sites such as Construction Managers, Principals, Managers, Asbestos Management Plan Controllers, Estimators, Project Managers, Supervisors and Foreman, Facilities Managers, Architects, PCBU’s, Duty Holders, and those in the building and demolition industry.
It is desirable that participants have attended an asbestos awareness training course previously. It should be noted that this course does not cover health risk, history or regulations beyond those associated with the topics listed.
This course has been developed to cover the legislative requirements for asbestos in soil on-site management and the transportation and disposal requirements.
- EPA/Worksafe requirements surrounding Asbestos in soil
- Soil testing in accordance with the National Environmental Protection Measure 2013
- Asbestos Management Responsibility
- Asbestos in Soil Management Plan
- Planning for Asbestos Abatement Works
- Soil abatement techniques and options
- Off-site disposal costs
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and class participation group activities.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.