Managing Asbestos in the Workplace
3 Hours - Maximum 20 Students
Course is designed to provide guidance to people with the responsibility of managing asbestos on site such as Construction Managers, Principals, Managers, Asbestos Management Plan Controllers, Estimators, Project Managers, Supervisors and Foreman, Facilities Managers, Architects, PCBU’s, Duty Holders, and those in the building and demolition industry.
It is desirable that participants have attended an asbestos awareness training course previously. It should be noted that this course does not cover health risk, history or regulations beyond those associated with the topics listed.
This course has been developed to give an overview of responsibilities and duties covered in both the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 and the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Regulations for duty holders/PCBUs.
- Asbestos Management Responsibility
- Asbestos Management Plan
- Understanding the Asbestos Register
- Planning for an Asbestos Removal
- Selecting an Asbestos Removal Contractor
- Selecting an Independent Asbestos Hygienist/ Class A Assessor
- Notifications – Asbestos removalist and Employers/PCBU’s responsibilities
- Clearance Standards & How to Interpret a Clearance Report
- Removal and Remediation Requirements
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and class participation group activities.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.