Conduct an OHS/WHS Systems Internal Audit
This course is designed for Internal (1st/2nd party) Auditors, Supervisors, Managers, OHS Representatives, or nominated staff who will serve as internal auditors and who need to review the Management System in their organisation’s operations to ensure the system is under control and being maintained and followed as it has been designed and implemented.
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual
This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out audits of an organisation’s OHS/WHS Management Systems against defined audit standards.
The course content covers:
- The techniques of auditing.
- Attributes and skills of auditors.
- Types of audits undertaken by organisations
- Identifying key areas of Management Systems for evaluation of OHS/WHS.
- Essential components of an audit on specific aspects of an OHS/WHS management system.
- Carrying out an internal or external audit using a developed audit standard on components of an OHS/WHS management.
- Roles and responsibilities for effective management of health and safety.
This course is delivered by Blackwoods Training’s related company NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
The course will be presented by group discussion, role plays, video, syndicate exercise, action plan development, case studies, audit practical exercises, lecture and report writing. The course is interactive and practical.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.