BHP Billiton - Iron Ore - Fire Extinguisher
This course is designed for students who may be required to respond to workplace emergencies, which may include such incidents as a small fire that can be controlled using a nearby fire extinguisher.
This unit covers the competency required to confine small workplace emergencies.
Specific knowledge is required to achieve the Performance Criteria of this unit, this includes knowledge of the following:
- Actions to be followed when initial response action is not safe
- Appropriate initial response equipment
- Facilities that may be used to confine emergencies
- Hazards involved with initial response action
- Implications of the incorrect use of equipment
- Limitations of initial response equipment
- Limitations of use of emergency control equipment or facilities
- Methods of extinguishment
- Safe use of initial response equipment
- Situations that must not be responded to because of the risk
- Types of emergencies
- Workplace procedures
Unit of Competency
PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate a workplace incident and written or oral questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and practical activities that simulate workplace incidents relating to fire.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.