BHP Billiton - Iron Ore - Supervise Work Permits
This course is appropriate for students who work and require knowledge on the permit system within BHP Billiton – Iron Ore. The course covers the limitations of each permit and the decision making process regarding the need for and correct use of each permit. It applies to the issuing of permits covering a single plant or plant area, controlling risk and the monitoring of the permit system.
It is expected that students attending this training be employed and have an understanding of BHP Billiton – Iron Ore risk control procedures and permit system. Language, literacy and numeracy are required to complete workplace documentation.
This course is specific to BHP Billiton – Iron Ore and covers the processes and requirements involved with the permit system. The permit system, supervision and the monitoring of the permit system are the key elements of the course.
- Identify need for work permit
- Reviewing the conditions under which the work will be undertaken
- Examining the site to determining the hazards and safety requirements applicable to the site
- Ensuring the appropriate permit(s) is (are) selected depending on the organisations procedures
- Determining the appropriate conditions for the permit(s)
- Raising, authorising and issuing the necessary permit(s)
- Monitoring compliance with the permit conditions
- Reporting any indiscretions or violations of permit conditions and where necessary revoking permits
- Managing the permit process especially in shift hand overs or extensions to work activities
- Withdrawing and signing off work permits on completion of the work and verification that the requirements of the permit have been complied with
Units of Competency
MSAPMPER201A Monitor and control work permits
MSAPMPER300C Issue work permits
RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
Assessment will be by simulation of work place practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations. Assessment will be conducted through actual demonstration of competency and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.