Health and Safety Representatives (Comcare approved in the Commonwealth Jurisdiction)
5 Days: Note this course must be completed within 6 months of course commencement
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written in-class activities.
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
The course content focuses on:
- Work Health and Safety legislation (including Regulations and Codes of Practice) and its relationship to HSR’s.
- Identifying key parties, legislative obligations and duties.
- The role, function and powers of a Commonwealth Health and Safety Representative.
- The role of a Commonwealth Health and Safety Representative within their work group including: participation in the resolution of work health and safety issues, issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices and directing cessation of unsafe work.
This course is delivered by Blackwoods Training’s related company NSCA.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.