Enter Confined Space with Breathing Apparatus Refresher
Designed for students who have been previously trained in both confined space and breathing apparatus units of competency.
Students must already hold confined space and breathing apparatus competencies that are no older than 3 years.
To be eligible for refresher training, students must have completed confined space and breathing apparatus training within the last 3 years. This training requires a degree of physical activity.
This course is designed for students who are required to be re-assessed in entering a confined space with breathing apparatus, for maintenance purposes, for cleaning, inspection or other reasons. It is required by all students who are required to enter a confined space, as defined by the standard AS2865 requires reassessment 'at appropriate intervals'. The industry regards reassessment on a two to three year cycle as good practice.
The following content will be revised during the training:
- Access and interpret information relevant to specific tasks (eg labels, MSDSs hazchem signs)
- Access and apply hazard controls
- Describe and/or explain hazards associated with tasks covered by the permit, types of tests required for the issue of work permits - the types of tests to include, atmospheric/oxygen/ breathability, flammability/explosivity, toxicity/TWA, temperature, humidity
- Interpret and respond to gas test/monitoring results/information
- Identify a change in work conditions, possible new hazards and so the required hazard controls and obtain revalidation of permit
- Confined space entry procedures
- Operate breathing apparatus
Units of Competency
MSAPMOHS216A Operate breathing apparatus
MSAPMOHS217A Gas test atmospheres
MSAPMPER205C Enter confined space
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
The assessment process will occur through a combination of theoretical and practical assessment.
Competency confirmation will be achieved through 2 hours of theory revision, followed by a theory assessment. Following theory assessment students will be revised in confined space entry procedures involving the use of Breathing Apparatus.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.