Drive Vehicles under Operational Conditions
This course is designed for students who are part of an Emergency Response team and are required to drive Emergency Vehicles under various circumstances and over various terrains.
- Language, literacy and numeracy requirements from the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Numeracy is required to enable the determination of similar activities.
- Participants are required to have the physical abilities to successfully complete the practical applications of the course.
- Participants must hold a current Australian car drivers licence.
This unit covers the competency to drive operational vehicles such as Fire Trucks, Fast Attacks, Ambulances, Water Trucks etc. This includes safe operation of all vehicle functions and effective management of hazardous situations under operational and emergency conditions.
- Prepare vehicle for operational response
- Drive the vehicle
- Monitor traffic, road and terrain under operational conditions
- To demonstrate in a practical driving situation the ability to maintain personal safety, safety awareness and awareness of traffic conditions and other road users is critical.
Unit of Competency
PUAVEH001B Drive vehicles under operational conditions
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place driving practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations and scenarios. Assessment will also be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions and will include walk throughs of the relevant competency components. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.