Respond to Wild Fire
The target group is any person who may be required to respond to a wildfire when working as a member of a team, under direct supervision. Note: for the purposes of student selection Protector Alsafe Training & Services does not select individuals but relies on the client / employer to assess the suitability of their employees to attend this training in accordance with Protector Alsafe pre-entry requirements.
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury (delivered during conduct of course)
This unit covers competency for responding to a wildfire when working as a member of a team, under direct supervision.
The objectives and outcomes of this unit are:
- Response preparations to wildfire, location and access
- Reacting to changing wildfire behaviour due to changes in weather, topography and fuel conditions
- Participating in dry wildfire control with the use of extinguishing media
- Maintaining health and safety of self, other workers and people in the immediate work area
- Participating in mop-up and patrol, ancillary operations participation
- Correct procedures for equipment stowage and maintenance
Units of Competency
PUAFIR204B Respond to wildfire
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations. Assessment will be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions and will include walk throughs of the relevant competency components. Delivery will include trainer led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.