Suppress Urban Fire
The target group is any person who may be required to conduct fire fighting operations by suppressing an urban fire when working as a team member, under limited supervision utilising firefighting media/equipment. Note: for the purposes of student selection Protector Alsafe Training & Services does not select individuals but relies on the client / employer to assess the suitability of their employees to attend this training in accordance with Protector Alsafe pre-entry requirements.
HLTFA311A Apply first aid or HLTAID003 Provide first aid
PUAFIR203B Respond to urban fire
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements from the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Numeracy is required to enable the determination of the available working time from a breathing apparatus set and similar activities.
- Participants require the physical fitness to meet the demands of firefighting activities for a sustained duration.
Suppress Urban Fire course covers working as a member of a team when suppressing an urban fire under limited supervision.
- Initiate response to fire
- Determine extinguishing media and equipment
- Determine structural fire behaviour
- Protect people
- Attack fire
Unit of Competency
PUAFIR302B Suppress urban fire
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations. Assessment will be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions and will include walk throughs of the relevant competency components. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios. The Trainer & Assessor Guide will guide the assessor through the process.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.