Lock Out Tag Out
This course is designed for students who could be required to work with plant and equipment on organisations assets, it is paramount to ensure that these assets cannot cause injury or death to workers by the uncontrolled release of energy or materials.
Students should be an understanding of their own Lockout/Tagout system.
A Lockout/Tagout system provides protection for everyone in the plant. Its success depends upon each student’s knowledge and understanding of locks and tags used on the job.
- Importance of locking out plant and equipment;
- Consequences of failing to lockout plant and equipment;
- Basic principle lockout procedures;
- Correct location for lockouts;
- Appropriate isolation and lockout devices;
- Methods of lockout; and
- Importance of correct procedures and training
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
Assessment is through practical demonstration and completion of a theory assessment.
Delivery is through the use of PowerPoint and simulated Lockout/Tagout system.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.