Online Learning - Enter & Work in Confined Spaces with Gas Test - Practical
Online Theory component - Self paced.
3.5 Hours (Practical component only for RIIWHS202D Enter & Work in confined spaces & MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit)
Face to Face Learning Component 4 Hours (Full Gas Test Course)
This online learning course is designed for any person who requires the skills and knowledge to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces. Additionally, MSAPMPER200C Work in accordance with an Issued Permit is also covered in this blended learning package.
Participants are required to successfully complete the on line component of the course prior to the practical component of the course
Language and literacy requirements from the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual
- Participants are required to have the physical abilities to successfully complete the practical applications of the course
The general purpose of this course is to facilitate the knowledge and skills in the procedures and processes of entering a confined space as well as working in accordance with an issued permit.
The course content includes:
- The ability to plan & prepare for entering & working in confined spaces, including interpreting compliance documents, applying work instructions & obtaining authorisation (entry permits),
- The ability to enter & work in confined spaces, including gaining access, applying safety procedures, maintaining communications & complying with entry permit requirements,
- The ability to exit confined space according to procedures, recovering tools & equipment, removing tagging & lock-out, completing entry permit and site clean-up,
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge of the requirements, procedures and instructions for entering and working in confined spaces,
- The ability to demonstrate the implementation of requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion for entering and working in confined spaces,
- Demonstrated application of personal safety principles, identifying hazards & implementing hazard control measures.
Units of Competency
MSAPMOHS217A Gas test atmospheres
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
Assessment will occur by actual demonstration of competency and written/oral testing of underpinning knowledge. Assessment for these units is by simulation of work place practices.
The practical component will be delivered utilising confirmatory questioning and practical assessment activities.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.