Online Learning - Work Safely at Heights - Practical
Online Theory component - Self paced.
3.5 Hours (Practical component only)
This competency applies to any person that requires the skills and knowledge to work safely at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights.
Participants are required to successfully complete the on line component of the course prior to the practical component of the course
Language and literacy requirements from the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual
- Participants are required to have the physical abilities to successfully complete the practical applications of the course
This unit covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes: identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing work at heights; and cleaning up the work area.
The course content focuses on the following, as required to work safely at heights:
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Equipment manufacturer's instructions and specifications
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- Statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- The nature of work undertaken at heights
- Heights safety systems
- The processes of providing for safe working practices
- Safety equipment/systems and considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
Unit of Competency
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Assessment will be conducted through actual demonstration of competency and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge. Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place practices.
The practical component of the course will be delivered utilising confirmatory questioning and practical assessment activities.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.