Conduct Local Risk Control
This unit is appropriate for students working in a entry level operational roles, at work sites within:
- Civil construction
- Coal mining
- Extractive industries
- Metalliferous mining
It is expected that students attending this training be employed and have an understanding of their own company’s risk control procedures.
This unit covers the conduct of local risk control in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying hazards; assessing risk and identifying unacceptable risk; identifying, assessing and implementing risk treatments; and completing records and reports.
- Risk management processes and methods, including: identifying hazards, assessing risks, determining acceptability of risks, identifying controls
- AS/NZS 4360-2004 Risk Management
- Specific worksite risk management procedures
- Specific worksite safety systems information
- Specific worksite communication, reporting and recording procedures
- Interpret and apply information found in material safety data sheets (MSDS)
Unit of Competency
RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations. Assessment will be conducted through actual demonstration of competency and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual driving conditions. Delivery will include trainer led presentations / demonstrations.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.