The target group is any student who is associated with the identification, avoidance, review, and evaluation of workplace risks and hazards, maintenance of personal safety and the reporting to supervisors and team members. Note: for the purposes of student selection Protector Alsafe Training & Services does not select students but relies on the client / employer to assess the suitability of their employees to attend this training in accordance with Protector Alsafe pre-entry requirements.
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements from the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Numeracy is required to enable the determination of similar activities.
- Participants are required to have the physical abilities to successfully complete the practical applications of the course.
Prevent Injury course covers the competency associated with the identification, avoidance, review, and evaluation of workplace risks and hazards, maintenance of personal safety and the reporting to supervisors and team members.
The objectives and outcomes of this unit are:
- Correct identification of hazards & risks in the workplace
- Implementation of hazard control procedures
- Application of the organisation's procedures including the correct selection and use of PPE
- Advising, reporting and monitoring of workplace hazards for effectiveness in accordance with the organisation's requirements
- Notification of risk to the team and supervisor in a timely manner
- Implementation of & contributions to WHS in the workplace
Unit of Competency
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations. Assessment will be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions and will include walk throughs of the relevant competency components. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios. The Trainer & Assessor Guide will guide the assessor through the process.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.