Santos Fire Watcher Basic Unit 1.6
This course applies to students who may be called upon to control small incidents in the workplace and meets the requirements of Santos Unit 1.6 Fire Fighting (Basic). It includes: fires of the A,B,C,D,E and F classes, fuel and other spills, process overheating and equipment failure.
This course covers control of minor incidents. The competency would be possessed generally by most/all operations personnel and some non-operations personnel. It would require training in addition to that which might typically be part of an induction program, but does not require specialist training such as is given to members of an incident response team.
- Classification of fires and incidents Limitations of first response equipment
- Situations that must not be responded to because of the risk to life
- The hazards involved with first response action Understanding relevant workplace procedures
- Selecting appropriate first response equipment
- Understanding the theory of fire and other relevant incidents
Unit of Competency
MSMWHS205 Control minor incidents
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate a workplace incident and written or oral questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and practical activities that simulate workplace incidents relating to fire.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.