Santos Work Permit Procedure & Santos Module 49 - Gas Detection
This training applies to all students who have the responsibility of performing work at Santos field sites and it is not specific to operations or maintenance.
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements
This unit addresses the training and assessment of students who are required to work within the work permit and addresses gas detection and monitoring procedures at Santos sites.
- Language, literacy and numeracy requirements
- This unit may require the ability to read and correctly interpret complex P&ID's; speak clearly and unambiguously in English; and to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues.
- Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms
- Numeracy is required to the level of being able to correctly differentiate between high and low pressures and temperatures, voltages or masses
- Common chemical asphyxiants, including hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, and hydrogen sulphide
- Common irritants and corrosives, including chlorine, ammonia and acid bases
- Common flammable gases, including acetylene, petroleum, methane, ethane, propane and butane narcotics (explosive range, upper and lower explosive limits)
- Exposure standards (time weighted average, short term exposure limits, peak limitation values, examination of toxic effect at the level of a range of flammable gases)
- Conditions under which atmospheres become hazardous
- Units of measurement used to express concentration of atmospheric contaminants (mg/cubic m. ppm, % v/v).
- Underpinning skills could include interpretation and communication of results of sampling
Units of Competency
MSAPMOHS217A Gas test atmospheres
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
Competence in this unit will be assessed by the completion of directed scenarios for select Santos permits and theoretical assessment of Unit 2.3: Permit Holder Revision 7.4.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint or the issued learner resource including use of audio-visual material and practical activities involving selected Santos permits.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.