Health and Safety Representatives Initial (SafeWork NSW Approved)
5 Days: Note this course must be completed within 6 months of course commencement
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are: • Writing is required to the level of completing written in-class activities. • Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
The course content covers:
- WHS Legislation and supporting materials.
- WorkCover role and enforcement measures Requirements for consultation on work health and safety issues and workgroups.
- Requirements, functions and powers of a HSR.
- Role of the Health and Safety Committees (HSCs) and other arrangements.
- Managing Risks
- Workplace Inspections
- Issue Resolution and Negotiation Skills Provisional Improvement Notices.
- Requirements for directing unsafe work to cease.
This course is delivered by Blackwoods Training’s related company NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.