Health and Safety Representatives Initial (WorkSafe NT Approved)
5 Days: Note this course must be completed within 6 months of course commencement
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are: • Writing is required to the level of completing written in-class activities. • Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
The course content covers:
- The WHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR.
- Identifying key parties, legislative obligations and duties.
- Understand the role, function and powers of a health and safety representative.
- Undertaking the role of a health and safety representative within their work group including, participation in the resolution of work health and safety issues.
- Issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices and directing cessation of unsafe work.
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.