Health and Safety Representatives Refresher (SafeWork NSW Approved)
Participants must have previously completed the 5 day initial training course (or the Bridging course as the transitional provision of the WHS Regulation).
The course content covers:
- WHS Act legislative framework.
- The role and functions of WorkCover and their interaction with HSRs.
- Duties and responsibilities of PCBUs, officers, workers and other parties under the legislation.
- The nature of the consultation process with workers as required of the primary PCBU by the Act.
- The purpose and formation of a workgroup (or workgroups) within the workplace Election process for HSRs / Deputy HSRs and disqualification provisions.
- Health and Safety Committees (HSCs).
- The entitlements, rights and protections of an elected HSR/Deputy HSR
- Using negotiation, communication and problem solving skills and strategies as a HSR to represent a work group and to resolve work health and safety issues
- Risk management and the use of risk controls, including the duties and responsibilities of various PCBUs under the legislation
- How HSRs can use their functions and powers to contribute to risk management activities in the workplace
- Provisional Improvement Notices and the right to cease, or direct the cessation of, unsafe work
This course is delivered by Blackwoods Training’s related company NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.