Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
12 Months from course commencement
There are no formal entry requirements however it is highly recommended that participants have access to a workplace in order to complete the assessments.
To enrol in this course you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to apply for a Unique Student Identifier. New Zealand citizens can complete this course but will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier and provide an Australian address for certificate issuance. Visit www.usi.gov.au for more information on Unique Student Identifiers. Participants must have access to, and be proficient at using, the following in order to complete their studies:
- Computer with internet connection to complete and lodge ONLINE ASSESSMENTS via a Student Portal
- Microsoft Office with MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint for document creation
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Implement and support the WHS management system.
- Prepare and advise workplace personnel for dealing with WHS issues.
- Understand WHS legislative requirements and assist with monitoring workplace compliance.
- Implement WHS initiatives and processes that support organisational WHS goals.
- Apply knowledge of risk assessment to contribute to the selection of risk-assessment techniques, tools and processes for common hazards.
- Contribute to setting up and running of WHS consultation and participation processes.
Units of Competency
BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Assessment activities include a combination of knowledge questions, scenarios and workplace projects. All assessment is uploaded to our student portal. Upon successful completion of the qualification participants will be awarded the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41415.
Face to Face Interactive Learning
Face to Face interactive learning requires participants to attend five (5) days of face to face training workshops delivered at a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios. Self-paced Distance Learning The Self-paced Distance delivery method is completed independently. All materials are downloaded online and then completed at your own pace, with a maximum of 12-months. Trainer support is available via phone and email.
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.