Confined Space Training Online
The online confined space training course is typically completed within 1 to 1.5 hours but can be spaced over a period of time to meet the scheduling requirements of the individual.
The practical component is completed in approximately 3.5 hours. The training can be conduct in a Protector Alsafe training centre or at a customer’s site if a suitable practical location can be provided.
The content has been mapped to provide a theoretical base for the following nationally recognised Units of Competency:
MSAPMPER205C Enter confined space
with MSAPMPER200C Work in accordance with an issued permit
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
To receive the Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency the Learner must enrol and complete the practical component within 4 week of completing the online theory. Once the appropriate practical training has been completed, and the Learner assessed as competent, a Statement of Attainment for the relevant unit can be issued.
Learners who ONLY complete the online component will receive a Certificate of Completion for confined space training.
The content of the confined space online training course is continually reviewed for industry relevancy and updated as required.
Step by Step
1. Learners successfully complete the confined space online learning session.
2. Students must print their Certificate of Completion and provide this to the Trainer prior to commencing the practical session. Failure to bring the Certificate of Completion may result in learners not being able to complete the practical session. A full course fee will still apply.
3. Practical sessions take approximately 3.5 hours and can be conducted in a Protector Alsafe training centre or on a customer’s site if suitable.
4. If the theory and practical components are both completed at a competent level, then a Statement of Attainment will be issued to the Learner.
The Confined Space online training package has many benefits even if you don’t need Nationally Recognised Training. It is also ideal for;
Managers and Site Supervisors: Confined Space Awareness Training:
- Are you responsible for people who work in confined spaces? Complete the online theory component of the MSAPMPER205C Enter confined space or RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces and keep up to date with the latest in this area.
- Site supervisors who would like to develop an awareness of safe operating practices for entering and working in confined spaces
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and Australian Standards relevant to working in confined space.
While online learning will not suit everyone there are a number of benefits to utilising this method of training. These include;
- Reduced overall cost of training
- Less time off the job
- Consistent quality anywhere, anytime
- Clear tracking and reporting
- Consistent assessment strategy and delivery framework compliant with relevant Australian Standards and legislation
- Aligned to nationally recognised training
Our courses have been developed by leading experts in their fields to ensure that our high quality of training is upheld. All of our courses have been designed for independent learning, which means you’re learning will be straight forward and easy to follow. All units and modules are clearly laid out and allow you to progress as quickly as you feel comfortable.
Find out more, Enquire Now.