Conduct Asbestos Assessment Associated with Removal
The Conduct Asbestos Assessment Associated with Removal training is designed for those who wish to work as Asbestos Assessors on jobs within Australia.
Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 Clause 460
460 (1) A licensed asbestos removalist must not direct or allow a worker to carry out licensed asbestos removal work unless the removalist is satisfied that the worker holds a certification in relation to the specified VET course for asbestos removal relevant to the class of licensed asbestos removal work to be carried out by the worker.
CPCCOHS1001A – Construction Industry White Card
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required to Conduct Asbestos Assessments Associated with Removal and complete appropriate workplace documentation.
Delivered by leaders in hazardous materials & asbestos consultancy this is course in conducting asbestos assessment forms part of the Asbestos Assessor license requirements across most states and territories. It teaches the required skills and knowledge for asbestos assessors to visually inspect and use a range of devices to undertake the monitoring of airborne asbestos fibres. Monitoring and testing forms an integral part of assessing risks, monitoring controls, and ensuring that asbestos is managed appropriately in the workplace.
The Asbestos Assessor course enables you to undertake the following work:
- Collect site documentation including registers
- Identification of asbestos containing materials
- Evaluate asbestos risks
- Compiling asbestos registers
- Interpretation of the asbestos Codes of Practice
- Site investigation and asbestos sampling
- Air sampling for asbestos fibres
- Selection, use and maintenance of sampling equipment
- Collection, evaluation and reporting of sampling information
- Meeting asbestos licensing requirements
- Monitoring and supervision of asbestos removal
- Managing asbestos risk and taking action
- Conduct clearance inspections
- Provide clearance certificates
Unit of Competency
CPCCBC5014A Conduct asbestos assessment associated with removal
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of workplace practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations and scenarios. Assessment will also be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions and will include walk throughs of the relevant competency components. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.