Childcare First Aid
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate
This training course involves the completion of a theory workbook prior to the start of the training session (taking approximately 3 hours) which is submitted on the morning of the training course.
Note: This training course involves the completion of a theory workbook prior to the start of the training session (taking approximately 3 hours) which is submitted on the morning of the training course.
The following items are covered during the conduct of the training:
- Legal and ethical responsibilities
- Assess the incident scene
- Conduct D-R-S-A-B-C-D
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- Recovery position
- Basic anatomy
- Child physiology
- Managing bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing eye & soft tissue injuries
- Managing medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, asthma and anaphylaxis
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Incident reporting in a child care setting
Units of Competency
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Assessment of this course is through written and practical assessment including the observation of students carrying out a range of scenarios. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint or the issued learner resource including use of audio-visual material and practical activities.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.