GWO - Safe Work at Heights
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate Winda ID - www.globalwindsafety.org
The following items are covered during the conduct of the training:
- WH&S Legislation, Height Safety Regulations, Codes Of Practice & Australian Standards
- Correct use of Height Safety Equipment
- Elevated Working Platforms & Scaffolds
- Case Studies from industry
- Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Management & Employee responsibilities
- Fall Arrest Devices & Safety Equipment
- Safe Ladder Techniques
- Equipment Inspection & Maintenance requirements
- Setting up a fall restraint system
- Emergency Procedures including Height Rescue Procedures
- Suspension Trauma
- Developing Site Procedures & Safe Work Methods
Unit of Competency
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the work environment and written questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material, practical desktop activities and discussion. Practical components using height safety equipment in a range of work simulated scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.