Tower Rescue - Refresher
• Fitness to participate
• HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
The following units of competency / training must have been completed within the last 5 years:
• RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
• PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
• PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
• PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
Evidence of these entry requirement must be provided prior to the commencement of the course.
- AS4488 & AS1891.4 – Falls From Height Regulations
- Software Theory: Harness, Ropes etc
- Hardware Theory
- Life Rescue Knots & Hitches
- Anchor Points / Anchor Systems
- Suspension Trauma
- Rappelling Skills
- Rescue Team Ethos & Ideals
- Lowering & Raising Systems
- Patient Handling
- ‘Pick Off’ Rescues
- Safety Officer & Team Leader Roles & Responsibilities
Units of Competency
PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the work environment and written questions as appropriate. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material, practical desktop activities and discussion. Practical components using height safety equipment in a range of work simulated scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.