Asbestos Awareness Seminar (classroom based)
This seminar is designed for property owners, property managers, PCBU’s or anyone who is at risk of encountering asbestos in their workplaces.
Greencap’s Asbestos Awareness Seminar has been developed to give an overview of asbestos, responsibilities and duties covered in the Health and Safety at Work (asbestos) Regulations 2016 and the Approved code of Practice; Management and Removal of asbestos 2016.
The course content focuses on:
- New asbestos laws and their application in the workplace
- Potential health effects of asbestos exposure
- Common asbestos products and what they look like
- What you need to do if you suspect you have asbestos in your workplace and how to manage accidental disturbance of materials.
- How to protect yourself and others from asbestos exposure and use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Working with asbestos (new guidelines)
The course is strictly limited to 12 participants and will be run on a monthly basis.
$170 plus GST via credit card per person
Note: Greencap account holders can book directly via Greencap.
Unit of Competency:
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students upon completion of the course.
There is no assessment as part of this course.
Training is delivered from a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations and scenarios.
There are currently no dates available for this course.
There are no dates currently scheduled for this programme. You can request a business booking or send us a message with the form below to get more information or details on alternate courses.