Contractor Asbestos Awareness
This course is designed to equip trades people, managers, workers and occupants with necessary knowledge to reduce to reduce exposure to asbestos by Identifying, Managing & Controlling Asbestos in the Workplace. It is a non-accredited course designed for trades, maintenance, property managers or anyone at risk of encountering asbestos or may need to work with small amounts of asbestos. If you or your employees work at commercial, civil or residential sites (particularly constructed prior to 2000) where asbestos is likely to be present, this course will assist you in identifying materials likely to contain asbestos and teach you the safety requirements for working with asbestos and give you tools for avoiding being exposed to asbestos with unexpected finds. * Non-Accredited. The Asbestos Awareness training is not suitable for work in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).
A computer with speakers for some videos
Ability to read and understand English
- Laws and guidance around asbestos management
- Properties of asbestos and where it is found in buildings
- Examples of occupations that may be exposed to asbestos
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Safe management of asbestos in the workplace
- Avoiding unexpected finds and closing the gaps
- Emergency procedures
- How to work safely with asbestos
- Personal protective equipment
- Waste, packaging and handling
- Asbestos removal, monitoring and clearance
- Asbestos removal techniques
- Series of multiple choice and true false questions throughout the course
- A certificate will be issued following successful completion of the course
Greencap has over three decades of expertise in risk management, occupational hygiene and working with asbestos. Greencap is committed to supporting sufferers of asbestos disease and increase awareness of the ongoing risks of asbestos in the, community and promotes research into better treatment outcomes for those impacted by asbestos. This comprehensive, cost-effective and self-paced course was developed to equip you with the necessary knowledge required to keep you and your workers safe.
Please select your course date.
|Start Now||Online Learning||Price incl GST $60.50||Enrol|