Enter Confined Space Refresher
To be eligible for refresher training, students must have completed confined space training within the last 3 years. This training requires a degree of physical activity. Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate
All attendees will need to bring along your current ticket / card on the day for the trainer to sight to confirm you hold the competencies.
The following content will be revised during the training:
- Access and interpret information relevant to specific tasks (eg labels, MSDSs hazchem signs)
- Access and apply hazard controls
- Describe and/or explain hazards associated with tasks covered by the permit, types of tests required for the issue of work permits - the types of tests to include, atmospheric/oxygen/ breathability, flammability/explosivity, toxicity/TWA, temperature, humidity.
- Interpret and respond to gas test/monitoring results/information.
- Identify a change in work conditions, possible new hazards and so the required hazard controls and obtain revalidation of permit
- Confined space entry procedures
Units of Competency
MSMPER205 Enter confined space
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMPER300 Issue work permits
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
The assessment process will occur through a combination of theoretical and practical assessment.
Competency confirmation will be achieved through 2 hours of theory revision, followed by a theory assessment. Following theory assessment students will be revised in confined space entry procedures.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.